24 August 2010

Iron Thunder: The Battle Between the Monitor and the Merrimac - Avi

When his father is killed fighting in the Civil War, Tom must take a job. As assistant to the inventor of the Monitor, a ship designed to put an end to the war, Tom is a target of Confederate spies.

Avi has always been one of my favorite authors. Poppy, the Crispin series, Seer of Shadows, and Silent Movie are some of the best, in my opinion. I read a blog post, and the author actually said this was her favorite Avi book. Now THAT'S a bold statement. If you're interested in historical fiction and the Civil War, I think this is the book for you! Just so you know, I would have to ask a lot of questions about the Civil War time period...make sure you are monitoring your understanding - if you have a question, ask someone!

No comments: